You searched on:
Author: dale bentz
Sorted by: date
Displaying records 1 to 10 of 168 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
1. Electrical Testing of Cement-Based Materials: Role of Testing Techniques, Sample Conditioning, and Accelerated Curing
Robert Spragg, Yiwen Bu, Kenneth Alan Snyder, Dale P Bentz, Jason Weiss
These projects examined the potential for using electrical testing on concrete as a potential surrogate for obtaining information on ion and fluid transport. Electrical measurements are particularly attractive for use in quality control as they are e ...
2. Accelerated and Natural Carbonation of Concretes with Internal Curing and Shrinkage/Viscosity Modifiers
Alejandro Duran-Herrera, Jose Manuel Mendoza-Rangel, Edgar de los Santos Rodriguez, Francisco Vazquez, P Valdez, Dale P Bentz
In many parts of the world, corrosion of reinforcing steel in concrete induced by carbonation of the concrete continues to be a major durability concern. This paper investigates the accelerated and natural carbonation resistance of a set of 7 concret ...
3. Enhancing the Performance of High Volume Fly Ash Concretes Using Fine Limestone Powder
Jussara Tanesi, Dale P Bentz, Ahmad Ardani
One of the primary approaches being explored to produce more sustainable concretes consists of replacing a significant portion of the portland cement with industrial by-products. In high volume fly ash (HVFA) concretes, for example, the nominal goal ...
4. Fluid Transport in High-Volume Fly Ash Mixtures with and without Internal Curing
Igor de la Varga, Robert Spragg, Carmelo di Bella, Javier Castro, Dale P Bentz, Jason Weiss
The transport of fluid and ions in concrete mixtures is central to many aspects of concrete deterioration. As a result, transport properties are frequently measured as an indication of the durability that a concrete mixture may be expected to have. T ...
5. Electrical Resistivity Measurements in Cementitious Systems:
Observations of Factors that Influence the Measurements
Robert Spragg, Chiara Villani, Kenneth Alan Snyder, Dale P Bentz, Jeffrey W Bullard, Jason Weiss
The electrical resistivity of concrete is increasingly measured as an indicator of its fluid transport properties, for use in quality control or for service life prediction. While electrical tests have the advantage of being easy and rapid to perfo ...
6. Influence of Sample Curing Conditions on Internal Curing Benefits Seen in Cementitious Materials
Michael Golias, Dale P Bentz, Jason Weiss
Internal curing uses pre-wetted fine lightweight aggregate (LWA) to supply cementitious systems with water. This increases the hydration of cement and reduces the influence of self-desiccation resulting in concrete with increased compressive strength ...
7. Best Practices Guide for High-Volume Fly Ash Concretes: Assuring Properties and Performance
Technical Note (NIST TN)
Dale P Bentz, Chiara F Ferraris, Kenneth Alan Snyder
A best practices guide is developed from a synthesis of recent research on high-volume fly ash (HVFA) concrete mixtures. These best practices can be applied by the concrete construction industry to achieve desired properties and ensure the (high) per ...
8. Viscosity Modifiers to Enhance Early Age Performance and Long Term Durability of Concrete
Dale P Bentz, Kenneth Alan Snyder, Max A Peltz, K H Obla, Haejin Kim
The service life distribution of concrete structures typically follows a ,bathtubŠ-shaped function, with a finite probability of early-age failures being followed by a life with a relative low probability of failure that ultimately increases dramatic ...
9. Using a Saturation Function to Interpret the Electrical Properties of Partially Saturated Concrete
William Jason Weiss, Kenneth Alan Snyder, Jeffrey W Bullard, Dale P Bentz
Electrical properties are frequently measured in the concrete construction industry as a part of mixture qualification and quality control testing. While there are several factors that influence the electrical response of concrete, one of the most i ...
10. Ternary Blends for Economical and Environmentally Friendly Concretes
Dale P Bentz, Jussara Tanesi, Ahmad Ardani
As sustainability moves to the forefront of trends in construction, concrete mixture proportions must be adjusted and adapted to a new set of economic and environmental demands. While high-volume fly ash concretes have been investigated extensively s ...