You searched on: Author: david allen
Displaying records 31 to 40 of 68 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
31. Hyperspectral Projection of a Coral Reef Scene using the NIST Hyperspectral Image Projector
David W Allen, Joseph Paul Rice, James A Goodman
Improving the understanding of the optical scene components associated with coral reef imagery will advance the ability to map and monitor coral reefs using remote sensing. One tool that may aid in understanding the components in these scenes is the ...
32. Holmium Oxide Glass Wavelengths Standards
Journal of Research (NIST JRES)
David W Allen
Holmium oxide glass has been used as a wavelength standard for over four decades. These standards have shown very little variation from batch to batch and from one manufacturer to another. NIST has certified and recertified holmium oxide glass samp ...
33. Dynamically Programmable Digital Tissue Phantoms
Steven W Brown, Joseph Paul Rice, David W Allen, Maritoni Abatayo Litorja, Karel Zuzak, Edward Livingston
As optical imaging modalities gain acceptance for medical diagnostics and become common in clinical applications, standardized protocols to quantitatively assess optical sensor performance are required to ensure commonality in measurements and to val ...
34. Evaluation of a Portable Hyperspectral Imager for Medical Imaging Applications
David W Allen, Maritoni Abatayo Litorja, Steven W Brown, Joseph Paul Rice, Yuqin Zong
Portable hyperspectral imagers are becoming commonly available as a commercial product. A liquid crystal tunable filter based CCD imager was evaluated and characterized for spectral stray light using a tunable laser facility. The hyperspectral imag ...
35. Thermodynamic-Temperature Determinations of the Ag and Au Freezing Temperatures Using a Detector-Based Radiation Thermometer
Howard W Yoon, David W Allen, Charles E Gibson, Maritoni Abatayo Litorja, Robert D. Saunders, Steven W Brown, George P Eppeldauer, Keith R. Lykke
We describe the development of a radiation thermometer calibrated for spectral radiance responsivity using cryogenic, electrical-substitution radiometry to determine the thermodynamic temperatures of the Ag- and Au-freezing temperatures. The absolut ...
36. Development of Surgical Lighting for Enhanced Color Contrast
Maritoni Abatayo Litorja, Steven W Brown, Maria E Nadal, David W Allen, Alexander Gorbach
The National Institute of Standards and Technology and the National Institutes of Health have started a collaborative study on the development of lighting that will provide enhanced, specific to various tissues, contrast with respect to its surroundi ...
37. Methods to Reduce the Size-of-Source Effect in Radiation Thermometers
Howard W Yoon, David W Allen, Robert D. Saunders
38. Methods to reduce the size-of-source effect in radiometers
David W Allen, Robert D. Saunders, Howard W Yoon
39. A comparison of ITS-90 and a detector-based scale between NPL and NIST using metal-carbon eutectics
David W Allen, Charles E Gibson, D L Lowe, Graham Machin, Howard W Yoon
40. Comparison of the NIST radiance temperature scale with the detector-based radiance temperature scale from 1200 K to 2800 K
David W Allen, George P Eppeldauer, Charles E Gibson, Howard W Yoon