You searched on:
Author: Christopher Zangmeister
Displaying records 1 to 10 of 18 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
1. Determination of mass-specific optical cross sections of multicomponent aerosols by combining electrical mobility and mass separation with laser absorption and extinction spectroscopy
James Gregory Radney, Xiaofei Ma, Keith A Gillis, Michael Russel Zachariah, Joseph Terence Hodges, Christopher D Zangmeister
The optical properties of atmospheric aerosols vary widely, being dependent upon particle composition, morphology and mixing state. This diversity and complexity of aerosols motivates measurement techniques that can discriminate and quantify a variet ...
2. A Volcano Curve: Optimizing Methanol Electro-oxidation on Pt decorated
Christopher D Zangmeister, Savelas A Rabb, Du Bingchen, YuYe Tong
Controlled Pt adlayers were deposited on commercial Ru nanoparticles (NPs) using an industrially scalable one-pot ethylene glycol (EG) reduction based method and were characterized by X-ray diffraction (XRD), electrochemical (EC) CO stripping volta ...
3. Molecule induced interface states dominate charge transport in Si-alkyl-metal junctions
Lam H. Yu, Nadine Emily Gergel-Hackett, Christopher D Zangmeister, Christina Ann Hacker, Curt A Richter, James G. Kushmerick
Abstract. Semiconductor-molecule-metal junctions consisting of alkanethiol mono-
layers self-assembled on both p+ and n¡ type highly doped Si(111)wires contacted
with a 10 ¹m Au wire in a crossed-wire geometry are examined. Low temperature
4. Controlling charge-carrier type in nanoscale junctions with linker chemistry
Christopher D Zangmeister, J M. Beebe, Jawad Naciri, James G. Kushmerick, Roger D van Zee
5. Demonstration of Molecular Assembly on Silicon (100) for CMOS-Compatible Molecule-Based Electronic Devices
Nadine Emily Gergel-Hackett, Christopher D Zangmeister, Christina Ann Hacker, Lee J Richter, Curt A Richter
In this work, we establish the potential of a UV-promoted direct attachment of alkanes with alcohol and thiol linkers to the CMOS-compatible silicon (100) orientation for use in closed, planar, molecular electronic devices. We develop processes for m ...
6. Automated Patterning of Nanoscale Metal-Molecule-Metal Junctions on Self-Assembled Monolayers
J C. Garno, Christopher D Zangmeister, J Batteas
Automated scanned probe lithography has been employed to form nanoscale Cu structures through electroless metal deposition onto patterned carboxylic acid terminated self-assembled monolayers. Using this approach, Cu structures of ~ 40 nm 200 nm in ...
7. Fermi Level Alignment in Self-Assembled Molecular Layers: The Effect of Coupling Chemistry
Christopher D Zangmeister, Steven W Robey, Roger D van Zee
Photoelectron spectroscopy was used to explore changes in Fermi level alignment, within the p-p* gap, arising from changes in the coupling chemistry of conjugated phenylene ethynlene oligomers to the Au surface. Self-assembled monolayers were formed ...
8. Preparation and Structure of Low-Density, Flat-Lying Decanethiol Monolayer From the Densely-Packed, Upright Monolayer on Gold
Laura B. Picraux, Christopher D Zangmeister, J Batteas
This study investigates the formation of low-density, flat-lying decanethiol chemisorbed on Au prepared by heating the surface covered with a densely-packed, upright monolayer to a surface temperature above the onset of desorption. We determined con ...
9. Fermi Level Alignment and Electronic Levels in Molecular Wire Self-Assembled Monolayers on Au
Christopher D Zangmeister, Steven W Robey, Roger D van Zee, Yuxing Yao, J M Tour
A combination of one- and two-photon photoelectron spectroscopies are used to determine the electronic structure around the Fermi level for self-assembled monolayers of a prototypical molecular wire , 4,4 -(ethynylphenyl)-1-benzenethiol (C6H5-CͰ ...
10. Structure and Chemical Characterization of Self-Assembled Mono-Fluoro-Substituted Oligo(phenylene-ethynlyene) Monolayers on Gold
Christina Ann Hacker, James D Batteas, J C. Garno, Manuel Marquez, Curt A Richter, Lee J Richter, Roger D van Zee, Christopher D Zangmeister
Monolayers of oligo(phenylene-ethynylene) (OPE) molecules have exhibited promise in molecular electronic test structures. This paper discusses films formed from novel molecules within this class, 2-fluoro-4-phenylethynyl-1-[(4-acetylthio)-phenylethyn ...