This is an example of a Spectroscopic Radiation Portal Monitor (SRPM) document
- The SPRM's detectors are named according to DNDO conventions. There are two pillars A and B, each containing one HPGe gamma radiation detector (Aa1 and Ba1) and one a neutron radiation detector (Aa1N and Ba1N). The SRPM can determine occupant (i.e., the measured item) presence and speed, and allows entry of occupant metadata; in this case, the container identification and manifest.
- The example document records a single occupancy:
- First, the applicable background data are recorded
- Six one second measurements (i.e., time slices) are recorded: the first two unoccupied, the third and fourth occupied, and the fifth and sixth unoccupied.
- For the two occupied measurements, the occupant's position (relative to the SRPM) and speed are recorded via <RadItemState>.
- The sum of the two occupied measurements is recorded via <DerivedData>.
- The analysis of the summed data is recorded. The analysis resulted in an alarm due to the identification of C0-57 and Cs-137.
Spectroscopic radiation portal monitor file:http://physics.nist.gov/N42/2011/AnnexE.n42