Configuring your Browser to Access the NIST Student Information System
If you experience problems accessing the NIST Student Information System (SIS), more than likely your browser is not set-up to be SSL compatible. In Internet Explorer, this can be changed by taking the following action:
- Launch an Internet Browser session.
- Click “Tools” and “Options.”
- Click the “Advanced” tab.
- Scroll to the bottom of the “Settings” box.
- In the ‘Security” section check the box for “Use TLS 1.0”.
- Click “Apply” then “OK.”
- Press the “F5” key – to refresh your browser.
- Access the Student Information System -- and complete your application.
Please send an e-mail to the OHRM Help Desk
if you continue experiencing problems....and be sure to include your phone number
so that we can respond directly to you.