Recent Graduate Program
About the Program:
The Recent Graduates Program affords developmental experiences in the Federal Government intended to promote possible careers in the civil service to individuals who have recently graduated from qualifying educational institutions or programs. To be eligible, applicants must apply within two years of degree or certificate completion (except for veterans precluded from doing so due to their military service obligation, who will have up to six years after degree completion to apply). Successful applicants are placed in a dynamic, developmental program with the potential to lead to a civil service career in the Federal Government. The program lasts for 1 year.
Key Aspects of the Recent Graduate Program:
- Students hired into this program will be known as “Recent Graduates.”
- Provides student who have recently graduated with valuable experience in the Federal workforce.
- Paid Position
- The program lasts for one year.
- Recent graduates who have completed, within the past two years, a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institutions.
- Veterans unable to apply within two years of receiving their degree - due to military service obligation - have as much as six years after degree completion to apply.
- Must meet the qualification requirements for the position to which applying.
Training and Development:
- Orientation program for Recent Graduates hired for the program.
- Mentorship throughout the program.
- Individual Development Plan to create and track Recent Graduates' career planning, professional development, and training activities.
- At least 40 hours of formal, interactive training each year of the program.
- Positions offer opportunity for career advancement.
After Program Completion:
- Recent Graduates may be converted to a permanent position (or, in some limited circumstances a term appointment lasting 1-4 years).
- To be eligible for conversion, Recent Graduates must have:
- Successfully completed at least 1-year of continuous service in addition to all requirements of the Program.
- Demonstrated successful job performance.
- Met the qualifications for the position to which the Recent Graduate will be converted.
How to Apply:
· Interested student may apply to NIST Internship Opportunities at USAJobs Students and Recent Graduates Job Search or USAJOBS Home Page for NIST.
Lead Organizational Unit: