- Purification and characterization of carbon nanotubes
- Time-dependent microstructure, viscoelasticity, and phase behavior of colloidal systems
- Microrheology of soft materials (DWS, optical traps, confocal microscopy)
- Synthesis and characterization of nanoparticles
Awards and Honors
- The Frontiers in Microrheology Travel Award, Institute for Complex Adaptive Matter (ICAM), National Science Foundation (NSF), California Nano Systems Institute (CNSI) at UCLA (2008)
- Research Fellowship, Korea Science and Engineering Foundation (2002-2003)
- Brain Korea 21 Scholarship, Korea Ministry of Education (2000-2002)
- Undergraduate Scholarship, Top honors, Hanyang University (1997-1999)
- American Chemical Society, American Physical Society, American Institute of Chemical Engineers
- J. Y. Huh, M. L. Lynch, and E. M. Furst, “Poroelastic consolidation of vesicle gels” (Manuscript in preparation).
- P. A. Vasquez, J. Agui, J. Y. Huh, P. Whiston, and E. M. Furst, “Buckling instability of condensed structure in magnetorheological fluids” (Manuscript in preparation).
- J. Y. Huh, M. L. Lynch, and E. M. Furst, “Microscopic structure and collapse of depletion-induced gels in vesicle-polymer mixtures” Phys. Rev. E. 76, 051409 (2007).
- J. Y. Huh and E. M. Furst, “Colloid dynamics in semiflexible polymer solutions” Phys. Rev. E. 74, 031802 (2006).
- J. Y. Huh and Y. C. Bae, “Water activities of fluorinated solid polymer electrolyte/ water systems using group contribution method” Chem. Eng. Sci. 57, 2747 (2002).
- J. G. Jang, J. Y. Huh, and Y. C. Bae, “Phase behavior of dendritic polymer/ polar solvent: the effects of compressibility, architecture and hydrogen bonding” Fluid Phase Equilibria 194-197, 675 (2002).
- J. Y. Huh and Y. C. Bae, “Vapor-liquid equilibria of perfluorinated SPE/ fuel system using group- contribution model” Electrochimica Acta 46, 3535 (2001).
- J. Y. Huh and Y. C. Bae, “Vapor-liquid equilibria of polymer solutions by group-contribution method: Applicability of modified double lattice model” Macromol. Chem. and Phys. 202, 1466 (2001).
Complex Fluids Group
2008-present: Guest Researcher, Polymers Division,NIST
2006: Ph. D. Internship,Corporate Research Division, The Procter & Gamble Company, Cincinnati, OH
2002-2003: Researcher, Polymer Hybrid Research Center,KIST (Korea Institute of Science and Technology), Seoul, Korea
Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, University of Delaware, 2008
M.S., Chemical Engineering, Hanyang University, Seoul, Korea, 2002
B.S., Chemical Engineering, Hanyang University, Seoul, Korea, 2000