- Characterization methods for the applications of nanomedicine: explore the capabilities to investigate the molecular conjugation on the surface of nanoparticle and particle aggregation.
- Kinetic study of gold nanoparticle-molecule interactions by using complimentary physical characterization methods.
Honors and Awards
- Materials Research Society and American Association for Aerosol Research (memberships)
Publications Prior to Joining NIST:
- D-H Tsai, L. F. Pease III, R. A. Zangmeister, M. J. Tarlov, M. R. Zachariah, "Aggregation Kinetics of Colloidal Particles by Gas-Phase Differential Mobility Analysis", Langmuir 25, 140 (2009).
- D-H Tsai, R. A. Zangmeister, L. F. Pease III, M. J. Tarlov, M. R. Zachariah, "Gas-Phase Ion-Mobility Characterization of SAM Functionalized Au Nanoparticles", Langmuir, 24(16) 8493 (2008).
- D-H Tsai, T. Hawa, H-C Kan, R. J. Phaneuf, and M. R. Zachariah, "Spatial and Size-Resolved Electrostatic-Directed Deposition of Nanoparticles on a Field-Generating Substrate: Theoretical and Experimental Analysis", Nanotechnology, 18 (36), 365201, (2007).
Materials Research Engineer, NIST Associate
Nanomechanical Properties Group
2009-present: NIST Associate, National Institute of Standards and Technology
2008-2009: Scientist, Cabot Microelectronic Corporation, IL
2003- 2008: Guest Researcher, National Institute of Standards and Technology
Ph.D., Material Science & Engineering, University of Maryland, College Park, 2007
M.S., Chemical Engineering, National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan, 2000
B.S., Chemical Engineering, National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan, 1998