Marcia Holden came to NIST in 1995 from the Agricultural Research Service of the U.S.D.A. She initially focused her research on enzyme structure – function studies. Later she migrated to working on issues of DNA measurements. Currently she is focused on developing DNA reference materials for viral molecular diagnostics and on biotech crop measurement issues.
- Brennan RG, Rabb SA, Holden MJ, Winchester MR, Montaser A. 2009 Potential Primary Measurement Tool for the Quantitation of DNA. Analytical Chemistry, In press
- Shokere LA, Holden MJ, Jenkins GR. 2008 (on-line) 2009 Comparison of fluorometric and spectrophotometric DNA quantification for real-time quantitative PCR of degraded DNA. Food Control 20: 391-401.
- Holden MJ & Wang L. 2008 Quantitative Real Time PCR: Fluorescent Probe Options and Issues. 2008 In: Standardization and Quality Assurance in Fluorescenc Measurements: Bioanalytical and Biomedical Applications. Volume 6 of the Springer Series on Fluorescence: Methods and Applications. Volume Ed: Ute Resch-Genger, Publisher: Springer
- Reipa V, Holden MJ, Vilker VL. 2007 Association and redox properties of the putidaredoxin reductase – nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide complex. Biochemistry 46:13235-13244.
- Partis L, Burns M, Chiba K, Corbisier P, Gancberg D, Holden MJ, Wang J, Liu QY, Okunishi T, Yang I, Vonsky M, Emslie KR. 2007 A study of comparability in amplified fragment length polymorphism profiling using a simple model system. Electrophoresis 28: 3193-3200.
- Holden MJ, Rabb SA, Tewari YB, Winchester, MR. 2007 Traceable phosphorus measurements by ICP-OES and HPLC for the quantification of DNA. Analytical Chemistry 79:1536-1541.
- Corbisier P, Broothaerts W, Gioria S, Schimmel H, Burns M, Baoutina A, Emslie KR, Furui S, Kurosawa Y, Holden MJ, Kim H-H, Lee Y-M, Kawaharasaki M, Sin D, Wang J 2007 Toward Metrological traceability for DNA fragment ratios in GM quantification. Part A – The effect of DNA extraction methods on the quantitative determination of Bt176 corn by real-time PCR. J. of Agricultural and Food Chemistry 55: 3249-3257.
- Smith N, Roitberg AE, Rivera E, Howard A, Holden MJ, Mayhew M, Kaistha S, Gallagher DT. 2006 Structural analysis of ligand binding and catalysis in chorismate lyase. Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics, 445:72-80
- Donald CD, Qureshi F, Burns MJ, Holden MJ, Blasic JR Jr.,Woolford AJ. 2005 An inter-platform repeatability study investigating real-time amplification of plasmid DNA. BMC Biotechnology, 5: Art.#15
- Gallagher DT, Monbouquette HG, Schröder I, Robinson H, Holden MJ, Smith NN. 2004 Structure of Alanine Dehydrogenase from Archaeoglobus: Active Site Analysis and Relation to Bacterial Cyclodeaminases and Mammalian mu Crystallin. Journal of Molecular Biology, 342:119-130
Biochemical Science Division
B.S. Medical Technology, Wayne State University Medical School
M.S., Ph.D. Plant Physiology, University of Maryland
Post-Doc, Biophysics, University of Maryland