- July 21, 2011 Added file name checks to File / Save as ... commands. Added Info / Check Raw File Size to the Import - Export Tool.
- February 1, 2011 Removed Ignore Zeroes option in Info
/ Plot Histogram with Mask. This option was confusing,
and you can accomplish the same thing by not having the
Threshold Slider include zero when making the mask.
- October 26, 2010 Added Info / Plot Histogram with Mask to
- October 19, 2010 Fixed bug in Menu Bar / Info / Plot Histogram / Cumulative
- for real valued arrays. Fixed raw write of cubes with large floating
point images(e.g. 900 x 700 double-float pixels) .
- September 28, 2010 Image / Scale
to Positive Integer - more friendly interface. New Array
of Circles Tool.
- July 8, 2010 Lx164. New Mosaic
Tool., New Ring Data
functions in Circle Tool. Data Cube
Tool - sum spectrum w/ mask now works for floating point cubes.
- October 20, 2009 Filters / Variable Removed slow
variance filters. Replaced with fast variance filter.
- September 24, 2009 Data Cube Tool / Cube and F-Cube buttons: Eliminated
concatenate cubes. Added Crop to Rectangle to F-Cube button. (Lispix
now crops file based cubes to the image rectangle).
- September 22, 2009 Lx158 Spectral Images and Periodic Table Tool:
eV per channel and detector peak width now associated with each spectral image
(file cubes or vector cubes). Two or more cubes with different parameters
can be open at once. Lispix either reads the two parameters as additions
to the rpl file, or asks for them.
- September 17, 2009 Right-click functions added to Cubes
(Find Plots), and Plots of Spectra (Find Cube).
- August 25, 2009 Fix PCA functions
in Data Cube Tool to work on real valued (floating point) cubes.
- August 20, 2009 Image rectangle
now includes right column and bottom row of pixels. Noticable for pixels
zoomed x4 or greater.
- August 20, 2009 Select
/ Clear Rectangle renamed as Select / Hide Rectangle,
which is more appropriate.
- August 11, 2009 Lx158 Blob Tool, Nbrs / Tables of N Nearest
Nbr Distances - More averages, split into three tables.
- July 14, 2009 Lx157P - Blob Tool, Nbrs button - Graph or make table for
more than one nearest neighbor.
- July 9, 2009 Tiff reader modified to accept 8-byte floats (double floats
or long reals) in the header.
- June 26, 2009 Lx156P fixed bug in Phase Tool - threshold
slider now preset properly. Added checks to ensure maps are loaded first.
- June 11, 2009 Filter / Variable / Cross Maximum filter
modified to keep center pixel only if it is strictly greater than other pixels
in the cross. Now works well for finding ridges in the Euclidian Distance
- May 19, 2009 Boxes for averaging spectra along a line added to the Profile
- May 7, 2009 Profile Tool: plots now have correct
distances on X-axis. This is noticable if profile line is tilted.
Numeric Data button eliminated, Print Plot Statistics moved to List Statistics
in Plots Menu. Window Menu:
Lispix Notes window will not now close loosing new content if all windows
or all text windows are closed.
- May 5, 2009 Added RGB image capability to Profile Tool / Plot Profile.
Red, green and blue plots superimposed.
- March 12, 2009 LX151N Threshold slider and Multi Threshold
Slider (old Colorizer Slider) now have more buttons and right-click functions
to make masks and input slider settings, and save and restore slider positions.
Sliders display correct image values for most image scalings (Normal, Trimmed,
None, Fixed Limits). Histogram Equalization in progress. EMSA
file format modified to be closer to the standard and be readable by DTSAII.
Draw / Manual Draw updated, instructions added for filling closed curves.
This is to make masks by drawing arbitrary shapes.
- February 24, 2009 Lx149N. New
functions available in the revised Threshold Slider and
Multi Threshold Slider. New automatic threshold method
for counting particles on a smooth background added as Auto3
to the Batch button in the Blob
Tool. Batch button now has automatic pre-processing capability.
- February 13, 2009 Process folder text file (usually named process-images.txt)
used in this tool and in Blob / Batch / Make Blob Stats File,
now still can have, but no longer needs all the comment lines at the beginning.
- February 10, 2009 Moved plot smoothing function to Lispix menu bar / Plot
Menu, from Profile Tool / Other Plots Button.
- February 10, 2009 Lx146. Added pre-processing option for Blob / Batch
/ Make Blob Stats File command. Uses commands that the Process Folder
- December 9, 2008 New: F-Cube button in Data
Added F-Cube / Shrink (Sum)
- December 9, 2008 Zoom button: added Size
Window to Image. Renamed other menu items to be more clear.
- November 4, 2008 Fields in Circle Tool - better display of circle.
Fix bug for colorizing with Threshold Slider.
- September 23, 2008 Lx140. More additions to the
Field in Circle Tool, with some documentation.
- September 17, 2008 Process
Folder Tool, Files in Folder button: added
Accumulate Brightest Pixels. Image background brightness
and modification of Auto2 threshold method added to Blob
Tool / Batch / Make
- September 16, 2008 Summaize Blob Stats File command added
to Blob / Batch
button. Fields In
Circle Tool enhanced to incorporate Aspex*
- August 5, 2008 Xray Simulator Tool: Added Map / Show Mask
to show all objects as white against a black background. Added Rods
to Object List / Add Random Objects, which allows you to
specify a range of aspect ratios. Note - rods are just boxes with large
- July 29, 2008 Zoomed windows now stay below thenew size parameter
window-zoom-size-stop (default = 400 pixels). This
keeps zoomed windows from almost filling the screen. You can still expand
windows manually to any size. The X1 zoom button always sizes the window
to its image.
- June 19, 2008 Lx137P
- June 19, 2008 New auto-thresholding tools in Blob Tool / Batch
/ Make Threshold Files.
- May 13, 2008 Lx133P.
- New Blob Tool Batch
button and documentation on blob statistics.
Threshold files and statistics files are now in a separate folder along
side the folder with the images, same name with "-lx" appended.
- New Data Cube Tool capability for examining very large
spectral images. Functions for making cubes from open images
moved from the Cube button to the Open
button. (Read and Write buttons
have been renamed Open and Save).
- Fixed bug that occasionally invalidated the minimum caliper diameter.
- March 25, 2008 Lx123 - fixed error in Blob Tool statistic - minimum
caliper diameter, which caused it to generate wrong diameter on some large
squares tilted 45 deg.
- February 7, 2008 added SPD button to File Utilities
Tool, for listing SPD header information. Added Note and Help
button to most tools.
- February 5, 2008 Lx122 fixed bug introduced in Lx121
that caused reading of SPD files to crash if the rpn file (slice names) was
- February 1, 2008 Lx121
- February 1, 2008 Added bmp file writer. File / Save Image
as BMP, and File / Select Images and save as BMP
- January 29, 2008 Updated bmp file reader. Should read most bmp files,
color or gray level.
- January 26, 2008 Lispix will now open 24-bit bmp image files. It assumes
these are RGB color images.
- January 24, 2008 When opening data cubes with names recorded (rpn file),
File / Open will now show the names. Import
-Export Tool / I/O / Import from File always did.
- January 22, 2008 added Set Read Directory by selecting file in it
to File Menu. For convenience. No bogus directories in distributed versions.
- December 20, 2007 Lx112
- December 20, 2007 New right-click item in Data Cube Region
Slider to show max spectrum value and channel within the region.
Plot will refresh at full resolution after slider is moved. To avoid
this after adjusting the region, just move the cursor off the slider before
releasing the mouse button.
- December 20, 2007 New Xray
Map Simulator Tool (Under test. Currently not in public version.)
- November 24, 2007 Added 'Plots
/ Select From Multiple' to the Menu Bar, new
documentation for the Levy Density
Tool), and a NOT
map option to the Phase Tool.
- November 1, 2007 Fixed bugs for reading and writing EMSA/MAS standard ASCII
spectrum files. The "#ENDOFDATA
: " tag was written incorrectly and looked for on read incorrectly
as "#ENDOFDATA: ".
The EMSA/MAS standard requires the colon to go into the 14th character position
of the line, regardless of the length of the tag.
- :July 19, 2007 Added nearest neighbor interpolation option to Image
/ Rotate menu.
- July 17, 2007 New: Arithmetic / Poissonize. For
making simulated X-ray maps. Makes new image with pixel values which
are random Poison deviates, i.e. replacing each pixel value with random number
from Poisson distribution with mean equal to original pixel value
- May 8, 2007 Zooming a window will resize the window and reset the scroll,
unless window is part of a group with the link
- May 1, 2007 Replaced JEPG file read and write code with newer
code. Reads more types of JPEG files.
- April 19, 2007 Cross
hairs now available from Navigator for comparing simultaneously scrolled
- April 17, 2007 Added cumulative
histogram plot option to Info / Plot Histogram.
- April 13, 2007 File / Open will now allow cropping high channels when
reading a SPD data cube.
- April 13, 2007 added Print SPD Header to File
Utilities / EDAX. This allows checking of version of SPD
data cube in case of trouble. Has other information that may be useful.
- March 30, 2007 Filter Menu - added Dilate and Erode.
- March 30, 2007 Phase Tool -
Setup / Select Map Images Already Open. Replaces /
Select Images Already Open, and has the option either to discard
or to keep the maps already registered (loaded) in the tool.
- March 27, 2007 Fixed in Blob Tool: Stats / Remove Unwanted Stats.
- March 27, 2007 Draw O (outlines) button added to Blob Tool,
- March 27, 2007 Groups Tool - updated,
simplified, new documentation.
- March 20, 2007 Profile tool - added a cyan
line parallel to the tool line offset by one half pixel. This shows
up when images are zoomed up x2 or more, and goes through the pixel centers
rather than the upper left corner.
- March 15, 2007 Fix bug in File / Save as TIFF introduced
- March 15, 2007 Color images can now be extracted from RGB color cubes, for
saving as TIFF or JPEG files.
- March 13, 2007 Lx100
- March 13, 2007 fixed bug in Phase tool, introduced in last version or two,
that would not let you select the first map in a phase.
- March 13, 2007 New in Windows
menu: Flicker and Transparency Overlay
- March 2, 2007 Lx99
- March 2, 2007 In Data Cube Tool, replaced Cube / from RGB images with Cube
/ of Pixmaps From Any Images, which works much better, and can take gray level
or color images. Added Windows / Flicker to the Lispix menu Bar, for
quickly setting up a data cube and flickering two images. Developed
for comparing a phase map (denoting phases by colored regions) to a SEM micrograph
(gray level image).
- March 2, 2007 Added Input Limits to the Set Axes
button in the Plot Navigator
. (More about navigators)
Added Change Limits of Axes to the Plots
menu in the Menu Bar.
- March 2, 2007 Added first Tutorial.
- February 27, 2007 Phase Tool added Setup / Print
Tool, Results / Delete Phase Maps, added percent area labels to combined
phase map images.
- February 27, 2007 Data Cube Tool: fix bug so Read
/ as RGB Image Files works. Added Cube / from RGB Images.
- February 23, 2007 Lx97
- February 23, 2007 Colorizer sliders no
longer work directly on data cubes or spectral images, because of bugs.
Extract an individual
slice to an image window (right-clickon cube slice slider or use the Data
Cube Tool), and colorize this image.
- February 23, 2007 Instant display of percent of slider range and of pixel
values added to Threshold
- February 23, 2007 Progress bar added to Data
Cube Tool / Plot / Sum Spect w Mask
- February 20, 2007 Command added to Process
Folder Tool / Change File Names to copy tiff files generated
by a Xerox copier from their separate, serially named folders, to a single
folder. The new files are given the names of their parent folder, since
each file originally is named 00000001.TIF.
- February 20, 2007 New Phase
- February 9, 2007 Info
/ Chart on Click and Stats on Click now show a box
around the click point corresponding (to within a pixel or so) to the image
data shown in the chart.
- February 9, 2007 Add functions in the Recursively
button of the Process Folder Tool to delete files smaller
or larger than a size cutoff.
- February 2, 2007 Added Stack to Windows menu.
Puts images windows on top of each other. For saving space, and useful
with the Phase Tool
- January 30, 2007 Bug fixed in Color
Overlay Tool so that primary colors, yellow, magenta, cyan and white work.
- December 7, 2006 Blob Tool:
Buttons that select the blob, draw and data images now will also allow bringing
the images to the front. Useful if they are covered. Mask functions
- December 5, 2006 File /
save as TIFF, JPEG, RAW and File / File Utilities / GIFF
/ save as GIF, all now use the standard choose new file dialog.
You can now browse to a place to save the file without setting the Lispix
write directory, with is then set when you save. All of the 'Select
images and save as' commands work as before, saving all the images using their
titles to the Lispix write directory. If the directory has not been
set, Lispix will ask you to set it and expand
the Menu Bar to make this more convenient.
- November 30, 2006 Help for saving
enhanced images put in Scale
and Colorize Menus.
- November 30, 2006 Right click on Lispix background to change menu bar color.
- November 16, 2006 New Menu Bar. Four
expanded states. Button names no longer abbreviated. Easier
- November 14, 2006 Ternary
plots now have the vertices labeled with the image names. Right-click
to turn the labels off.
- November 9, 2006 Lispix now saves all of its parameters,
colors, directories, etc. in lispix-preferences.lisp. If you want to
start fresh - just trash this file, which is in the top level of the Lispix
- November 7, 2006 Right-click on Lispix background window to change its color,
or the tool background color to change all the tools.
- November 2, 2006 Color Tester - a small tool added to the Colorize and Window
Menues. Just for showing what any color you select will look like.
- November 2, 2006 Cosmetic changes to menus and buttons: All title
case, no punctuation or all caps.
- November 2, 2006 CLUT menu renamed to Colorize,
since that characterizes the functions that it provides.
- November 2, 2006 Color menu eliminated from the Lispix
Menu. Using this was clutzy. Now, each function that used
to use it, asks for a user choice of color in more appropriate order.
- October 31, 2006 If you would like to change the color of the main Lispix
window (what is always in the background), as my daughter would like to,
now you can. Right-click on the background window and use Change
- October 26, 2006 CLUT show info, save to file, restore
from file now work.
- October 26, 2006 Lx85
- October 24, 2006 Lx84
- October 24, 2006 Add more options to Color
- October 24, 2006 Add doc string to some items in the Arithmetic
- October 19, 2006 Arithmetic / subtract - integer modified
to work on RGB images and Spectral images (data cubes).
- October 17, 2006 Lx83
- October 17, 2006 New Color Overlay
Tool. More than three images, more than three colors. Under development.
- October 10, 2006 Internal changes: Application has much less un-used
code and is several MB smaller. Text writing function has fewer bugs.
- October 3, 2006 PPP Tool - FINI button. Writes from-scratch-FINI file
without requiring detector peak width or background regions.
- September 28, 2006 Lx79 - First distribution with updated development system:
- September 26, 2006 PPP Tool FINI functions: element
x-ray window from FINI file used uniformly, unless element is deleted, and
added back in (to the Markers List - the list beside the Markers button).
This includes making elemental maps from x-ray regions, and marking the regions
on the plot of the spectrum. Background regions on plot now are labeled
with correct number.
- September 26, 2006 Image / reduce data type removed.
Done automatically on reading and saving data. "Making uniform pixels"
step removed from exporting data cube. This saves memory both when reading
and writing data cubes. What the "uniform pixels" step used
to do is now done automatically when exporting cubes.
- September 26, 2006 Data Cube Tool / Cube / Crop to rectangle
improved for spectral images. Should work quickly on large cubes.
- September 26, 2006 Update to Allegro Common Lisp v. 8.0 This change
of the LISP development system should be transparent to Lispix users.
One side effect is that very large data cubes (640 x 480 x 2048 - trimmed
to 1024 channels, clipped to 8 bits) will now load.
- September 14, 2006 PPP Tool, FINI functions - background
regions now labeled properly in spectrum plot, and new FINI file.
- September 14, 2006 Added File / save as RAW and /
select images and save as raw.
- September 14, 2006 File / save as JPEG - another bug removed - writes
JPEG files now.
- September 8, 2006 EMSA spectrum file functions moved from the File
Utilities Tool to the Plots Menu in the Menu Bar.
Functions to plot EMSA spectrum files and print the header now work with the
EMSA files that Lispix writes and that DTSA reads.
- September 8, 2006 PPP Tool. Open / Attach cube - single pixel
mode Now works properly when the (vector) cube has spectra of different
data types, which is now often the case.
- September 5, 2006 Colorizer slider
- added right-click function to list pixel percentage areas for each color
- August 18, 2006 Lx73
- August 18, 2006 Add tool to File Utilities / EDAX and Process
folder / files in folder to convert folder of spc files to EMSA format
- August 17, 2006 Colorizer slider:
added 'blank' color, masks and spectra from slider.
- August 17, 2006 new: Data Cube / plot / multiple sum or max
for rectangles has option to save spectra as EMSA files.
- August 17, 2006 EMSA format spectra now written so that DTSA reads them.
Plots / save as MSA text file.
- August 15, 2006 CLUT menu, Colorizer slider:
right click menu added to add, delete and change colors.
- August 15, 2006 Color image bug: Image / scale to byte
no longer 'works' on RGB images. Lispix does work on RGB images - see
the 2 & 3 variable Tool,
however it is designed for gray
- August 15, 2006 JPEG compression bug: I introduced a bug sometime back that
set the compression to the highest level regardless of the setting.
The default is (none
0) and the other compression settings should now work - see the File
- August 5, 2006 Startup and Help / About Lispix dialog now
has buttons to display changes page and help page.
- July 31, 2006 File / Open now allows opening more than
one image or text file at the same time.
- July 31, 2006 Expanded Lispix
Menu Bar - 'temp' directory list changed to 'history' list. For
- July 25, 2006 Added Data Cube / Plot / multiple sum or max for rectangles.
Remember regions, show rectangles on cube. List them. 8/7/06
- July 25, 2006 Commands in the Profile Tool i/o button are
now in the Plots menu in the menu bar. These save plots as ascii files.
- July 25, 2006 Renamed the green R!
convenience button, which redraws or refreshes images and plots to Re!.
This is to avoid confusion with the other R! button which sets the Lispix
- July 25, 2006 Data Cube / Plot / Multi spec - whole cube
now has the option to show only max and sum spectra. This avoids the
long calculation times for the running sum and max spectra.
- July 25, 2006 Enhanced data
reduction capability when loading large spectral images.
- July 5, 2006 PPP Tool / FINI - example
files in documentation. Menus 1) and 2) now easier to use.
- June 22, 2006 PPP Tool / Open / Attach cube - Single Pixel mode. You
can now unterrupt the 'maxing' if you don't need the maximum pixel spectrum.
- June 22, 2006 PPP Tool. FINI / 1) and 2)
- better documentation. Menu
2) uses FINI file found by menu 1).
- June 22, 2006 Info / plot histogram / cancel no longer
- May 16, 2006 Contrast enhanced gray level images are now saved as JPEG's
with one component, as they should be. Single component gray level JPEG
files now load properly, and not as blue RGB images.
- April 4, 2006 Data Cube Tool / Plot / sum (or max) spectrum
now works for floating point cubes.
- March 23, 2006 Lx61
- March 23, 2006 Process Folder Tool: new command: absolute value.
New menu: Recursively / List image information to text window.
- March 23, 2006 <control>-menu item help facility now has more
- March 23, 2006 Data Cube Tool Spectral images with 2048 channels now
give option to crop off the high energy 1024 channels before loading.
- March 23, 2006 Data Cube Tool: Data cubes which have been automatically
reduced in data type are saved automatically in raw format with "m-"
(for modified) appended to the front of the cube file name and the rpl file
- March 23, 2006 New: Data Cube Tool / Cube / running abs of differences,
pixel intensity sort in place.
- March 9, 2006 Added Cube / running abs of differerences to
the data cube tool. This takes the absolute value of the differences
of successive images, or every 3rd, or 4th image, etc.
- February 28, 2006 Added Arithmetic / absolute value- integer.
menu item and corresponding process
- February 28, 2006 Additions to Data Cube Tool: open cube cropped with
image rectangle, pixel by pixel spectrum intensity sort,
- February 21, 2006 Added: Right click on data cube to find its sliders.
- February 21, 2006 image / background added to Cata
- February 21, 2006 subtract background added to process
- February 14, 2006 Right-clicking on cube single slice slider now offers
moving it under the front cube plot for easier adjustment of the current slice.
Another menu command will move it back under its cube.
- February 14, 2006 Image / Peak minus background added to
Data Cube Tool. Data Cube sliders are all now resizable. (The
Peak - Background slider needs to be resized if you wish to see all of the
- February 7, 2006 PCA
/ 1 Eigenvalues (Data
Cube Tool) now gives error message if front
image is not a Cube Image Window.
- February 7, 2006 Layers slider (Data
Cube Tool) does not misbehave now if the plot window on which
it works is closed first.
- February 7, 2006 Lx58
- February 3, 2006 Thermalizers
for scatter diagrams (2 & 3 Variable
Tool) are now locked to the diagram.
- January 26, 2006 Colors sliders such as the thermalizer are now positioned
under and slightly to the left of the image they work on. This is to
prevent the slider from being completely covered when the image on which the
slider works extends close to the bottom of the Lispix window, and is clicked.
- January 26, 2006 Xray line markers
available for Multi-plot in the Data Cube Tool.
- January 26, 2006 Select / Crop image to rectangle for RGB
images, now gives a color (RGB) -image rather than a cropped version of the
- January 26, 2006 PPP Tool: region sliders now properly
alligned with plot, and thermalizer for spec image window is always visible.
- January 26, 2006 Plots with more than 500 points are plotted using every
8th point when the mouse is down or the shift key is down. This is to
speed up refreshing of the plot when adjusting sliders, moving windows around,
etc. When necessary, use the R! button to refresh the
plot at full resolution.
- January 17, 2006 Scatter plot utility
fully updated. New set of images, CHI-samples-1, to
demonstrate this now distributed with Lispix. The slope
line utility now works again, with the 2-d scatter diagram with axes.
- January 17, 2006 File / Select & OPEN no longer shows
sub folders in the list, which causes problems later.
- January 5, 2006 On-line help improved. Holding down the control key
when selecting a button or menu item presents a help
dialog. "Type this" shows more detail, and both "type
this" and "code" print to their own text window. Text
windows do not change titles any more.
- December 20, 2005 Lx57
- December 20, 2005 sample-particle-set-1.zip added to http://www.nist.gov/lispix/images/
for use with the Particle Database Tool and the Spreadsheet Tool
- December 20, 2005 Scatter Diagram Tool largely redone.
- December 20, 2005 Fourier Tool now opened from the TOOLS
menu as well as the Filter Menu.
- December 17, 2005 File / select and save as JPEG now works.
Select and save as JPEG and TIFF now are more convenient for large numbers
of images, as they do not ask for file name for each image.
- December 15, 2005 Process Folder Tool / Files in folder / blob stats
to file Date and source folders included in file.
- December 15, 2005 Data Cube Tool:
image rectangle (select
/ draw rectangle) shown when changing slices and during movies
- December 13, 2005 New Image
Shift Measurement example.
- December 13, 2005 Blob statistics: all centroids now given to hundredth
of a pixel, rather than a tenth.
- December 13, 2005 Bug fixed with write JPEG using compression. All
but highest level should now work.
- December 13, 2005 Data Cube Tool / Propagate / LUT
added. Useful for checking threshold on a series of images.
- December 6, 2005 swap quads added to process folder commands.
(From Fourier Tool / swap quads!)
- December 6, 2005 New: Select / set to square with click.
Handy for selecting square for cropping and using FFT.
- December 2, 2005 Process Folder Tool / Recursively / List
files to text window, List numbered files...
- December 2, 2005 PPP Tool / FINI / 1) Setup xray regions from
FINI - bug fixed so that elemental and background maps stored.
- December 2, 2005 PPP Tool - Open / Attach cube - single pixel
mode now displays max pixel spectrum initially.
- November 3, 2005 Image / clip to limits interface
- October 25, 2005 Documentation added on portability of Lispix - explanation
of libraries. Make Mask / circle new..
- October 18, 2005 Draw / draw line changed to Draw
/ Manual Draw, and fixed to work on masks (binary images).
- August 30, 2005 Data Cube region slider now has item in its right-click-popup
that will match it to the plot window. This makes adjusting the region
easier when the plot region is updated only on releasing the mouse button,
since the slider region is now directly under the corresponding plot region.
- August 30, 2005 Data Cube / SC ON button now also
controls slice marker on a spectrum plot. If SC is off, then slice marker
will not be displayed on spectrum plots with the slice slider is moved, nor
when a movie is running. Slices display more quickly when the plot does
not need refreshing.
- August 30, 2005 Bug fixed (diagnostic message removed) that complained
when PPP window used only for labels in plots, without a spectrum image window
- August 30, 2005 Bug fixed so that rectangle, made with Select
/ Draw rectangle can be repositioned in a RGB window.
- August 25, 2005 More operations such as Image / Shrink (sum)
now automatically size the window to the image. All operations should
do this. Please let me know if you
find one that does not.
- August 25, 2005 Region slider for data cubes now refreshes the plot
only when the mouse is released. For old behavior, change Help
/ Parameters / Cube-region-slider-refresh to t, rather than
- August 25, 2005 fixed bug in Data Cube Tool / Multiplot -
which caused running sum plots sometimes not to work. This bug was introduced
on July 28, when cubes started having variable data types to save memory.
- August 11, 2005 2 & 3 Variable Tool / red/x!, green and
blue buttons no longer select a slice of a cube, because there is
a bug concerning the axes of the 2-dimensional scatter plot. Instead,
use the right-click on the cube slider (see change from yesterday) to extract
an image, and select that as the red, green or blue image.
- August 10, 2005 New: Right click on cube single slice slider
has new menu item to extract the slice to an image.
- July 28, 2005 <shift>Tile! now starts tiling from
the front window, which is not moved. Tile! works as
before, putting the first image at the upper right corner.
- July 28, 2005 NEW: experimental thermal sliders in the CLUT menu.
Use <control> key to see what they do.
- July 28, 2005 NEW: Import - Export Tool / i / o / export as
ASCII spreadsheet. Pixel values printed to a text tab-delimited file
for spreadsheet software to read.
- July 28, 2005 NEW: PPP Tool / Open / list element types
Tallys number of spectra for each data type. Lispix now reduces data
type on read, to the minimum necessary to hold the maximum data value.
- July 26, 2005 Raw file format data cubes are reduced to smallest compatable
data type on read (either image by image or spectrum by spectrum, depending
on how the cube was written). Cubes are exported to raw format by making
all of the images or spectra of the same data type - the smallest type that
stores the maximum data value.
- July 26, 2005 Data Cube / Warp / Unwarp folder Unwarped
images are TIFF or JPEG, according to Data Cube / write / set write
type. -u is appended to the unwarped file names only if the
write directory is the same as the read directory. Otherwise, the unwarped
image name is the same as the original image name, where name means the file
name only (less host, directory and extension).
- July 2, 2005 Lx50
- July 2, 2005 Removed K-Ratio Tool. Replaced with FINI
button in PPP Tool. Added ability to generated raw elemental and background
maps using a spectrum image and a FINI file.
- June 28, 2005 Added Data Cube / Warp / delete last
tie point. This will work while the tie point collection loop is
- June 28, 2005 Data Cube / Warp / collect tie points
Press tab key to delete last tie point. Labels are now just off the
reference point, not right on it..
- June 28, 2005 Data Cube / Warp / Unwarp folder now works
on JPEG images. "-u" appended to unwarped image name.
- June 28, 2005 CLUT / display gray level component
moved to Image / convert to gray level. More logical place.
- June 28, 2005 On saving a non-byte but colorized gray level image as TIFF,
Lispix now gives a choice: save the image data (usually floating point),
or save the scaled byte image with the color scale.
- June 28, 2005 Gray level images are saved as JPEG with one component, making
the files more compatable with other software. If the gray level image
has a false color scale applied to it, such as a thermal scale, then it is
written as an RGB JPEG file, as previously. Code to support this change
kindly provided by Chris Voit.
- June 23, 2005 K-ratio Tool - Better error message for improperly written
associated map list in Fini file.
- June 17, 2005 Fixed bug so that Raw format data cubes written
with old format rpl files will load.
- May 3, 2005 Added new items to directory
button menus to browse and set the various folders. Dialog is similar
to R! button.
Fixed minor bug in Process Folder / pfldr txt file / make.
- April 26, 2005 Lx44 Updated documentation. Tutorial examples
(some new, many updated) listed in Table of Contents.
PPP / Open / Edax Run - some options added to load when data missing.
- March 22, 2005 Cube / clip
to fixed limits added to the Data Cube Tool.
- March 22, 2005 warp
command added for the Process Folder Tool.
- March 22, 2005 CLUT / display as 1 color per level used
to bomb on some images.
- March 19, 2005 Rotation functions improved - Image / rotate.
(see documentation on the image menu)
- March 15, 2005 Update to Allegro Common LISP 7.0. Maximum
if you have sufficient memory, is now roughly 22k x 22k pixels rather than
4k x 4k as before.
- March 15, 2005 PPP Tool - Edax / show selected
particle now draws a rectangle around the particle in the color of
the color menu, rather than black. Some documentation
- March 8, 2005 Complex image i/o added. Parameter included to control
how double precision floats are written.
- February 24, 2005 Lx43 First version built with ACL 7.0,
the updated LISP development environment. Users should see no change
due to this - please report any bugs to DSB.
- February 24, 2005 Warp button added to Data Cube Tool. For image de-warping
-- still under development.
- February 24, 2005 Saving floating point images that are double floats but
all pixels are within range of single floats as single float images now works
properly. Used when saving real and imaginary components of Fourier
- January 6, 2005 Select / Crop image to rectangle no longer
gives extra white space.
- January 6, 2005 Image / Duplicate, Info / pixel info on click, and
statistics on click now work with complex images. Arithmetic
/ one-image-op and two-image-op have better checking of image type.
- January 6, 2005 added Data Cube / Cube / Fresh pixmaps - to recover from
- December 16, 2004 Lx41
- December 16, 2004 Hough Tool, Square Grating: fixed automatic
line measurement command, updated documentation.
- December 16, 2004 New:
vertical max plot.
- December 15, 2004 Lx40
- December 15, 2004 Fixed bug so that read on single-byte spd files no longer
- December 6, 2004 Renaming text window no longer bombs.
- December 2, 2004 Lx39. Image rectangle can now be
dragged with mouse (Select / draw rectangle, then drag somewhere
within the rectangle).
- December 2, 2004 Data cube sliders can now be set by right-clicking on them
then / type to change slider positions. Cube slider
heights can now be changed individually in this way -- formerly data
cube / slider / set height was the only way to set slider height,
and this worked on all sliders.
- December 2, 2004 Data cube / cube file / scale or clip to integer
function now writes the rpl file properly when clipping large cubes
down to one byte without actually loading them. Before, the :byte-order
parameter had to be changed by hand to :dont-care.
- August 20, 2004 Lx38P
- August 20, 2004 Corrected a recently introduced bug that
prevented the FFT menu, Inverse FFT menu (Fourier Button) (Filter
/ Fourier Transform / Fourier / Fourier Transform) and the Swap
Quads button from working.
- August 12, 2004 Added fill / unfill to plot menu. Select plot and
fill in color underneath it.
- August 5, 2004 Fixed bug that made TIFF files with color tables to be displayed
- July 15, 2004 Lx34P
- July 15, 2004 fixed bug in reading old format .rpl files - the parameter
files for raw images and data cubes.
- July 8, 2004 TIFF reader now inverts images with "white is zero"
photometric interpretation, rather than giving message.
- June 22, 2004 CLUT / show CLUT now works on the front CLUT slider, as well
as the front image.
- June 22, 2004 CLUT sliders now work without an image - to colorize the periodic
- June 22, 2004 Elemental line markers (PPP tool) not visible using certain
projector. Color changed from light pastel purple to pink.
- May 25, 2004 Process Folder / recursively / change file extensions - fixed
bug preventing it from working at all.
- May 20, 2004 Lx30
- May 20, 2004 fixed font size in buttons. Menu bar names no longer
crammed when using Windows <right click on desktop> / Properties / Appearance
/ Font Size / large or extra large.
- May 18, 2004 Lx29
- May 18, 2004 Data Cube / Slider / set height - New, for certain Windows
desktop themes that make the height unuseably small.
- May 13, 2004 Profile - cursor on profile plot - fixed bug introduced in
- May 11, 2004 Plot/Nav menu split into Plot menu and Navigator menu.
- April 23, 2004 Lx28P
- April 23, 2004 Revised some of the older help pages.
- April 23, 2004 Circle Tool shows area. Blob / select / by index only
(for long blob lists).
- April 6, 2004 Lx27N,P
- April 6, 2004 Opening data cubes or stacks of images in raw format is now
interruptable. Close the progress bar to halt.
- April 1, 2004 New: Data Cube Tool / Plot / Multi Spect..
Draws sum, max, log max spectra on one plot. If whole cube,
also draws log of running sum, running max. Has buttons to hide each
plot. Takes 5 min to complete running sums for 256x256x2000 cube, but
shows sum and log sum while it calculates the other plots.
- April 1, 2004 Select / Draw rectangle menu and related:
Rectangle stays and is redrawn until cleared.
- March 25, 2004 CLUT sliders now work on the front window, unless the slider
windows / lock window menu is used.
- March 23, 2004 Initial 'About Lispix' window revised and shown on startup.
Points to help and documentation.
- March 23, 2004 Data cube region and layers sliders now work on front cube
plot and have width of plot and fixed height. Not resizable.
- March 18, 2004 Lx26 (note - version 26 has trouble opening
data cubes. Fixed in version 28).
- March 18, 2004 Data Cube Tool - new "Open After clipping to byte"
- March 11, 2004 Data Cube Tool: better out of memory messages. Improved
method to reduce pixel data type.
- March 9, 2004 Data Cube Tool / Image / Sum, max images automatically given
smallest valid data type.
- March 9, 2004 fixed bug - import/export tool now exports single image (not
a cube) properly. There was no problem with cubes.
- February 24, 2004 Name! button now renames anything.
Windows / Rename anything removed.
- December 17, 2003 fixed bugs in plot/nav so that plots should be savable
to disc and read properly.
- December 16, 2003 Revised html documentation. Now vanilla HTML.
Internet Explorer not necessary to read them.
- December 15, 2003 Lx23P
- December 11, 2003 Fix bug when thresholding complex images to make a mask.
- December 3, 2003 Plot cleanup - overlay works better, better labeling.
- December 3, 2003 New Data Cube Tool / Plot / Sum spectrum within
circular aperture of given radius.
- December 1, 2003 New - Image / scale to byte, clip to byte, truncate
to byte. (Clip to limits moved here from Arithmetic menu).
- November 26, 2003 Lx22B
- November 25, 2003 Starting documentation conversion to standard HTML
rather than MS/Powerpoint
- 11/25/2003 New: File / open now opens text files as well as images.
File / save text.
11/21/2003 New: Profile Tool / Calibrate - size
calibration for Lispix, store, load. Works with Plots, and Circle
11/20/2003 New PPP Tool / Markers / setup from FINI
– now reads detector width from FINI file (an optional parameter in
the FINI file).
11/20/2003 New Profile Tool / profiles /
print – now works for group plots – data for all images
in one chart, one column per image.
11/20/2003 New Profile Tool / Plot! – For
group plots (plots of several images), makes chart listing color and image
– to identify each line. Colors are now distinguishable.
11/20/2003 Better multiple profile plot colors, and
colors for colorizer slider.
11/19/2003 New Data Cube Tool / Cube / Top Hat Quotient
and product. Experimental filters.
11/19/2003 New Profile Tool / Profiles /
profile spectra. Writes a spectrum in MAS format for each point
on the line.
11/18/2003 New: Profile Tool / mask.
A new way to make a mask of a tilted rectangle, or mask of fat profile line
11/18/2003 New: K-ratio Tool / data sets / read fini,
and list parameters (fixed). A way to examine a fini file parameters without
loading any images.
11/17/2003 New: K-ratio Tool. background subtracted
images rather than k-ratio images if standards info not there.
11/17/2003 K-ratio Tool. fix bug – couldn’t
find maps with no extensions.
11/17/2003 New: Help / samples & info / programming
/ colored lines & names. Lists all graphics colors, draws lines with
11/17/2003 <control> / menu item / code now
prints function names to the end of the same “function information”
text window. Avoids clutter.
11/13/2003 New: Data Cube / Plot Max spectrum
from whole cube or from rectangle selection.
11/13/2003 New: Data Cube / SC ON or off: Turns
off running cursor on plot when showing a movie. Movies faster when off.
11/12/2003 Data Cube functions that work with raw
data files directly now also work with SPD files.
11/12/2003 New: Data Cube / Cube / Top Hat.
11/12/2003 Better Info / size & limits and list
size & limits menus.
11/11/2003 New: Data Cube / Cube / running sum
11/10/2003 Circles tool – now works with RGB
images as well as gray scale images.
11/10/2003 New: Process Folder Tool / image info
/ image stats for list of folders
11/7/2003 New: Process Folder Tool – added
batch processor – process a series of folders.
11/7/2003 Plot/Nav / combine plots / scale to 1.0
– now offset so that log plots are more ‘on top of’ their
11/6/2003 Emispec ser cubes now read with File
11/5/2003 New: documentation for Circle Tool /
cookie cutter button and data cube tool / plot button.
11/5/2003 New: Window / open text file
10/31/2003 New: Plot/Nav / replot front plot. Replaces
duplicate plot, and adds y log plot.
10/31/2003 New: Tools / Data Cube / Plot / stat.
Statistics such as variance and variance/mean. For low level signal searches.
10/30/2003 New: Tools / Process folder / Image info
/ image stats
10/30/2003 New: Windows / save front text window
10/29/2003 Filters / Variable. More convenient menu
to select kernel radii.
10/27/2003 New: combine plots, auto scale to same
height in Plot/Nav menu
10/27/2003 Fix: Data cube slice slider now updates
the front spectrum plot only if the plot corresponds to that cube.
10/27/2003 New menu items: PPP / Cube / cube from
Periodic Table selections.
10/27/2003 New: Periodic Table Set / Mark (accept)
all common elements. Quick setup for all common e-probe elements.
10/24/2003 Data Cube / image – new max image
index menu item. Gives index of max pixel value within a slice range (region).
10/24/2003 Data cube / Cube – new general process
slice by slice menu item. Makes new cube using any Process Folder Tool
10/23/2003 CLUT sliders now close when the window
10/23/2003 Process folder / change file names: utility
added to append serial number to beginning of file names.
10/22/2003 Bug fixed so that sliders of same type
do not interfere with each other.
10/22/2003 2&3 Variable Tool with data cubes:
RGB overlay and scatter plots now work correctly using selected slices.
10/21/2003 Directories button removed from File Utilities
Tool. Type in directory option added to default directory buttons.
10/21/2003 Open color images as … button added
to expanded menu bar. Duplicate functions removed from File menu and from
File Utilities tool.
10/14/2003 PPP Tool – removed Select / All.
added S plot / plot sum spectrum (all), and plot max of all spectra. Select/all
10/14/2003 Manual Circles Tool renamed as Circles
Tool. Added cookie cutter option – subdivision of a region into circles.
10/3/2003 fixed bug that made plots hang when out
of range – eg., when greatly expanded by the plot navigator.
10/3/2003 PPP Tool, Plot / max and summed spectra.
Lispix remembers result. Tens of seconds calculation – only 1st
10/2/2003 Fixed bug in Data Cube Tool / Plot /
Sum Spect w/mask
10/2/2003 Blob Tool. Other button divided into
Mask button and Nbr button.
10/2/2003 Renamed View menu item as Plot/Nav.
Removed Arrange button from Profile tool, and added all functions to Plot/Nav
10/2/2003 Added plot duplicating function. in
Plot/Nav / duplicate front plot
10/2/2003 Gray level images – data type automatically
reduced before saving to a file, and cubes … to raw file or individual
10/2/2003 Menu bar / Image / Reduce data type.
Added function to reduce memory requirements of image w/o loosing data.
10/1/2003 PPP Tool – added Cube / save selected
spectra. Saves in raw (data cube) format.
9/30/2003 Data Cube Tool – raw format -
now saves and recalls slice names using an .rpn file.
9/30/2003 Log-3-band – modified color scale
so that beginning of red and green are dark, but not black.
9/30/2003 Added Windows / select image and …
/ tile, log-3-band-tile (keeps corresponding image together).
9/27/2003 Annoying image flicker when scrolling
with white margins – removed.
9/26/2003 PPP Tool – Edax data analysis –
various enhancements: field labels in mosaic, field coordinates in field
cube title, etc.
9/25/2003 PPP Tool – New channel range selection
option: using one of marker elements.
9/25/2003 PPP Tool – Spectrum plot now automatically
aligned with spectrum image window, which now has x-zoom. (Not yet documented)
9/25/2003 PPP Tool – Edax data set load –
windows automatically sized and positioned for different screen heights.
9/24/2003 Zoom – all image zoom functions
now in Zoom Convenience Button. Y-zoom can now be different from X-zoom.
9/17/2003 Low memory warning – first attempt.
9/16/2003 Data Cube Tool – Image / max image
– analogous to sum image.
9/16/2003 Spreadsheet Tool – add serial column,
remove rows, rename columns, shuffle columns.
9/10/2003 Process Folder Tool – superblobber
saves blob files in write directory. Dummy files no longer necessary.
9/10/2003 Particle Database Tool (not in P distribution).
New PPP load from Edax data sets. Read csv files directly. Fast spc loader.
9/8/2003 process folder using text file –
superblobber has additional intensity range parameter to cull dim blobs
9/8/2003 process folder using text file –
streamlined: saves text window with commands and assigns file all at once..
9/8/2003 spd data cubes now open with file/open
9/8/2003 raw files with accompanying rpl files
now open with file/open menu.
9/5/2003 bmp - Windows bit map file type added.
Reads 8 bit and 16 bit images with no compression, only.
9/5/2003 gs! (gray scale) button added to menu
bar for convenience.
9/4/2003 Process Folder Tool – add recursive/rename1
to flat. For collecting search filed images into one place.
9/3/2003 Opening a folder of images: added a
sort by numeric suffex in image name. Handles negative numbers.
9/2/2003 Spreadsheet Tool – search form
terms now ignores excluded rows (particles).
8/21/2003 Data Cube Tool – new Cube functions
to switch between image cube and vector cube.
8/21/2003 Form terms buttons – category option
– categories are alphabetized in labeled columns.
8/21/2003 Scatter plot thermal slider now appears
directly underneath the scatter plot, and close when the plot closes.
8/21/2003 Select / draw rectangle no longer leaves
loop running if window closed before drawing the rectangle.
8/18/2003 Alphabetical ordering option added to
Form Terms Buttons (Spreadsheet Tool).
8/18/2003 Eliminate flicker in cube display when
moving the slice slider