The procedure for licensing the data is as follows:
- Apply to participate in the TRECVID Surveillance Event Detection evaluation by completing the TRECVID registration forms. For more details, see: http://trecvid.nist.gov/.
- The development data consists of the 2008 Event Detection Training and Testing sets. Follow the instructions in the guidelines http://www-nlpir.nist.gov/projects/tv2010/tv2010.html#licenses. NIST will acknowledge receipt, and then you should proceed to the next step.
- The evaluation set is the UK Home Office Scientific Development Branch's (HOSDB) i-LIDS MCTTR dataset. This is the same evaluation corpus as used for the 2009 evaluation. The MCTTR data set is available at no cost. To obtain the corpus, participants must complete HOSDB's "MCT application form" and relevant end-user license agreement found below and submit as indicated on the forms. Upon completion, HOSDB will give participants a unique username and password for accessing online resources.
MCT Application Form
End User License Agreement (EULA) for Commercial Companies
End User License Agreement (EULA) for Academic Institutions.
Note: Please be sure on the application form to indicate that you are applying in order to participate in the TRECVID evaluation.
Development Data Acquisition
Download the data by either going through the TRECVID data servers (check server lists in the active participants area) or by shipping a hard drive (at least 250 GB) to:
100 Bureau Drive, Mail Stop 8940
Gaithersburg, MD 20899
Annotations for the Development corpora can by found on the data page.
Test Data Acquisition
There are two ways to obtain the test data: (a) via download from NIST, (b) via hard drive sent to the UK.
- Download from NIST: To obtain the test data (i.e., the 2009 i-LIDS MCTTR dataset) from NIST, download the MPEG-2 video using an HOSDB-assigned username and password from the URL http://ir.nist.gov/tv2009/iLIDS/Video/Eval09/. The MPEG-2 video is compatible, (same frame rate, resolution, and de-interlaced) with the Development data set. This MPEG-2 data is 150GB.
- Via hard drive sent to UK: To obtain the full MCTTR data from the UK, you will need to send a 1TB hard drive to HOSDB in the United Kingdom according to the instructions in the MCT application form. The full MCTTR data set consists of the MPEG-2 files above and the original, interlaced video imagery collected from the cameras. In order to maintain compatibility with the 2008 evaluation, sites should use the MPEG-2 files.