- Nov 17, 2009; 11AM - Kevin Mills - How to model a TCP/IP network using only 20 parameters
- Oct 29 2009; (Thursday) 10:30AM - Dan Genin - Modeling Internet Congestion at the Flow Level
- Sept 15 2009; 10:30AM - Vince Stanford, Imad Hamchi, Mathieu Hoarau, "Agent Based Parallel Graph Search"
- July 14 2009; 10:30AM - Movie Day: DVD 60mins MathFilm Festival 2008; a collection of a dozen or so math oriented animations
- June 23 2009; 10:30AM - Sandy Ressler, "Body 2.0, Where's My Upgrade?" a look at how we relate to and use devices to extend our senses, sometimes resulting in interesting emergent behaviors.
- May 5, 2009; 10:30AM - Movie Day! DVD (52mins long) How Kevin Bacon Cured Cancer ... actually about the six degrees of freedom phenomenon
- Apr 7, 2009; 10:30AM - Chris Dabrowski, Using Markov Chain Analysis to Study Dynamic Behavior in Large-Scale Grid Systems
- Feb 17, 2009; 10:30AM - Fern Hunt, TCP Modeling with Random Routing
- Feb 3, 2009; 10:00AM - Sandy Ressler, Exploratory discussion of a visualization/image for Complex Systems i.e. the Periodic Table
- Dec 16, 2008; 2:00PM - Vince Stanford will lead a discussion of the paper: Revisiting 'scale-free' networks by EF Keller
- Nov 18, 2008; 2:15PM - Todd Taylor (MEL) Graph properties of networks formed by the Delaunay tessellation of protein structures
- Oct 28 , 2008; 2:00PM - Another (and the last) one hour portion of Steven Strogatz DVD course on CHAOS
- Oct 7, 2008; 2:00PM - A one hour portion of Steven Strogatz DVD course on CHAOS
- May 6, 2008; 2:00PM - Vladimir Marbukh, Towards Price Based Network Management and Provisioning
- Mar 17, 2008; 2:00PM (note this is a Monday) - Fern Hunt, Mathematical Modeling of TCP/IP protocols
- Feb 26, 2008; 2:00PM - Dan Genin, Metastability and networks
- Dec 12, 1:30PM (AML Lecture Room) - Tim Sauer, George Mason University, Analyzing Time Series from Chaotic System Part 1 and Part 2
- Nov 16, 10:30AM - Vince Stanford, Stephane Degre, Lukas Diduch, Complex Systems Testbed Project - demos of simulations
- Oct 31, 10:30AM - Isabel Beichl and Brian Cloteaux "Counting Spanning Trees"
- Oct 17, 10:30AM - Dan Genin Percolation: Theory and Applications
- Sept 26, 10:30AM - Vince Stanford, Time Series Prediction
- Sept 17, 1:30PM - William Cheswick, AT&T Labs, 40 Years of Internet Security, Are We There Yet?
- July 23, 1:00PM - Abhijit Deshmukh & Eduado Misawa, NSF, overview of NSF complex systems plans
- June 8, Lec Rm B, 1:00PM - Dave Touretzky, Carnegie Mellon University, Cognitive Robotics
- Apr 17 & May 1 - K. Sriram, "Simulation Study of BGP Peering Session Attacks and Their Impacts on Internet Routing Performance"
- Feb 9, 2007 - Roldan Pozo, review of paper Statistical Mechanics of Complex Networks by Albert & Barabasi