- Mobile Agent Security
- Network Intrusion Detection using Mobile Agents
- "Electromagnetic Signatures of WLAN Cards and Network Security," The 5th IEEE International Symposium on Signal Processing and Information Technology (IEEE ISSPIT 2005) Athens, Greece, December 18-21, 2005. K.A. Remley, C.A. Grosvenor, R.T. Johnk, D.R. Novotny, P.D. Hale, M.D. McKinley, A. Karygiannis, E. Antonakakis.
- "A Solution for Wireless Privacy and Payments based on E-cash," IEEE/CreateNET SecureComm 2005, First IEEE/CreateNET SecureComm Conference on Security and Privacy for Emerging Areas in Communications Networks, Athens, Greece, September 5-9, 2005. Tsiounis, Y., Kiayias, A., Karygiannis, A.
- "mLab: A Mobile Ad Hoc Network Test Bed," 1st Workshop on Security, Privacy and Trust in Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing, IEEE International Conference in Pervasive Services 2005 - ICPS'05)July 14, 2005, Santorini, Greece. Karygiannis, A., Antonakakis, E.
- "Security and Privacy Issues in Agent-based Location-aware Mobile Commerce," Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer-Verlag, Berlin Heidelberg New York (2005) Karygiannis, A., Antonakakis, E.
- "Secure Routing and Intrusion Detection in Ad Hoc Networks," Third IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications, Kauaii Island, Hawaii, March 8-12, 2005. Co-authored with A. Patwardhan, J. Parker, A. Joshi and M. Iorga.
- "Security Policy Management for Handheld Devices," The 2003 International Conference on Security and Management, Las Vegas, Nevada, June 23-26, 2003. Co-authored with W. Jansen, M. Iorga, V. Korolev, and S. Gavrila.
- "Assigning and Enforcing Policy on Handheld Devices," The 14th Annual Canadian Information Technology Security Symposium (CITSS), Ottawa, Canada, May 13-17, 2002, Co-authored with W. Jansen, V. Korolev, and S. Gavrila.
- NIST Special Publication 800-48: Wireless Network Security: 802.11, Bluetooth, and Handheld Devices, October 2002.
- NIST Information Technology Laboratory Bulletin on Active Content Security, April 2000. Co-authored with Wayne Jansen.
- "Privilege Management of Mobile Agents," National Information System Security Conference, October 2000. Co-authored with Wayne Jansen.
- Mobile Agents in Intrusion Detection and Response, Canadian Information Technology Security Symposium, June 2000, Co-authored with P. Mell, W. Jansen and D. Marks.
- Applying Mobile Agents to Intrusion Detection and Response, National Institute of Standards and Technology Interim Report - 6416, October 1999. Co-authored with Wayne Jansen, Peter Mell, and Don Marks.
- NIST Special Publication 800-19: Mobile Agent Security, October 1999. Co-authored with W. Jansen, P. Mell, and D. Marks.
- "Agents for the Masses: Is It Possible to Make Development of Sophisticated Agents Simple Enough To Be Practical?," IEEE Intelligent Systems, Special Issue on Agents, March/April1999, Co-authored with Jeffrey M. Bradshaw, Mark Greaves, Heather Holmback, Barry Silverman, Niranjan Suri, Alex Wong and Wayne Jansen.
- Network Security Using Mobile Agents, The Third International Conference and Exhibition on The Practical Application of Intelligent Agents and Multi-Agent Technology, London, UK, March 23rd-25th, 1998.
- Mobile Agents and Network Security, International Telecommunications Conference 1998, Halkidiki, Greece, June 22nd -25th, 1998.
- US Government Traffic Filter Firewall Protection Profile, National Security Agency and National Institute of Standards & Technology Co-authors Mario Tinto, Jandria Alexander, Jack Walsh, Wayne Jansen, December 1997.
- US Government Application Gateway Filter Firewalls Protection Profile, National Security Agency and National Institute of Standards & Technology, Co-authors Mario Tinto, Jandria Alexander, Jack Walsh, Wayne Jansen, December 1997.
- Network Security
- Fault-Tolerant Systems
- Agent-based Commerce
- Wireless Security
- Identity Theft
Computer Security Division
Systems & Emerging Technologies Security Research Group
- Bucknell University, BS Electrical Engineering, 1986
- Bucknell University, MS Electrical Engineering, 1987
- The George Washington University, PhD Computer Science, 1997