* Edited Books, Journal Issues and Workshop Proceedings
1. R. Madhavan, E. Tunstel and E. Messina (Eds.), Performance Evaluation and Benchmarking of Intelligent Systems, Springer, ISBN: 978-1-4419-0491-1, September 2009.
2. R. Madhavan, E.R. Messina and J.S. Albus (Eds.), Intelligent Vehicle Systems: A 4D/RCS Approach, Nova Science Publishers, Inc., ISBN: 1-60021-260-3, December 2006.
3. R. Madhavan, C. Scrapper and A. Kleiner (Eds.), Special Issue on Characterizing Mobile Robot Localization and Mapping, Autonomous Robots, Springer, Vol. 27, No. 4, November 2009 (in press).
4. R. Madhavan, A. Jacoff and E. Messina (Eds.), Special Issue on Quantitative Performance Evaluation of Robotic and Intelligent Systems, Journal of Field Robotics, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Vol. 24, Issue 8-9, pp. 623-799, August-September 2007.
5. R. Madhavan and E. Messina (Eds.), Proceedings of the Performance Metrics for Intelligent Systems (PerMIS) Workshop, NIST Special Publication 1062/1073/1090, August 2006/2007/2008/2009 (to appear).
6. A. del Pobil, R. Madhavan and F. Bonsignorio (Eds.), Performance Evaluation and Benchmarking for Intelligent Robots and Systems, Workshop Proceedings, IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), St. Louis/Nice/San Diego, 2007/2008/2009.
* Ten other significant publications (out of over 125 publications)
7. J. Albus, R. Bostelman, R. Madhavan, H. Scott, A. Barbera, S. Szabo, T-H. Hong, T. Chang, W. Shackleford, M. Shneier, S. Balakirsky, C. Schlenoff, H-M. Huang and F. Proctor, Intelligent Control of Mobility Systems, in Computational Intelligence in Automotive Applications, D. Prokhorov (Ed.), Book Series on Studies in Computational Intelligence, Springer, pp. 237-274, May 2008.
8. R. Madhavan and E. Messina, Intelligent Unmanned Ground Vehicle Navigation via Information Evaluation, Advanced Robotics: The International Journal of the Robotics Society of Japan, VSP International Science Publishers, Vol. 20, No. 12, 2006 , 2006.
9. C. Schlenoff, J. Albus, E. Messina, A. Barbera, R. Madhavan and S. Balakirsky, Using 4D/RCS to Address AI Knowledge Integration, AI Magazine, Vol. 27, No. 2, pp. 71-82, Summer 2006 (Invited).
10. R. Madhavan, Unmanned Ground Vehicle Navigation in Unstructured Environments, in New Developments in Robotics Research, J. Liu (Ed.), Nova Science Publishers, Inc., pp. 1-71, December 2005 (Invited).
11. R. Madhavan and E. Messina, Performance Evaluation of Temporal Range Registration for Unmanned Vehicle Navigation, Integrated Computer-Aided Engineering, IOS Press, Vol. 12, No. 3, pp. 291-303, 2005 (Invited).
12. R. Madhavan, T. Hong and E. Messina, Temporal Range Registration for Unmanned Ground and Aerial Vehicles, Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems, Springer Science & Business Media B.V., Vol. 4, No. 1, pp. 47–69, Sept. 2005.
13. K. Fregene, D. Kennedy, R. Madhavan, L.E. Parker and D. Wang, A Class of Intelligent Agents for Coordinated Control of Outdoor Terrain Mapping UGVs, Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence, Elsevier, Vol. 18, No. 5, pp. 513--531, June 2005.
14. R. Madhavan, K. Fregene and L.E. Parker, Distributed Cooperative Outdoor Multirobot Localization and Mapping, Autonomous Robots (Special Issue on Analysis and Experiments in Distributed Multi-Robot Systems), Vol. 17, Issue 1, pp. 23–39, Kluwer Academic Publishers, July 2004.
15. R. Madhavan and H. Durrant-Whyte, Natural Landmark-based Autonomous Navigation using Curvature Scale Space, Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Vol. 46, Issue 2, pp. 79–95, Elsevier, Feb. 2004.
16. R. Madhavan, Tracking Control of a Pendulum using a Computationally Efficient State Estimation Approach for Polynomic Non-linear Systems, International Journal of Control, Taylor and Francis Co. Ltd., Vol. 72, No. 17, pp. 1565-1591, November 1999.