- Examine current approaches to conformity assessment among Federal agencies and the private sector;
- Provide a forum for discussion with NIST on conformity assessment practices, challenges, and the means by which these challenges are being addressed;
- Seek input from individuals on the planned update of the regulations Guidance on Federal Conformity Assessment Activities (15 C.F.R. Part 287) initially issued by NIST in 2000.
- Carol Bean, Ph.D, Health and Human Services (HHS), The Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC)
- Maryann D’Alessandro, Ph.D., Director, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), National Personal Protective Technology Laboratory (NPPTL)
- Julia Doherty, Senior Director, WTO and Multilateral Affairs, Office of the United States Trade Representative (USTR)
- Randy Dougherty, Chairman, International Accreditation Forum (IAF)
- Ellen Emard, Standards Services
- Dr. Patrick Gallagher, Under Secretary of Commerce for Standards and Technology & NIST Director
- Gordon Gillerman, Standards Services
- William Hurst, Federal Communication Commission (FCC), Equipment Authorization Program
- Ileana Martinez, Standards Services
- Kevin Robinson, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), National Recognized Testing Laboratory Program (NRTL)
- Ramona Saar, Standards Services
- Mary Saunders, Director, Standards Coordination Office
- Dan Shipp, President, International Safety Equipment Association (ISEA)
- Elizabeth Sommer, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Design for the Environment (DFE) Program
- Dana Stahl, United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Agricultural Marketing Service (AMS) Programs
- Stephanie Tanner, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) WaterSense® Program
- Peter Unger, Chairman, International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (ILAC)
Start Date: Wednesday, April 11, 2012
End Date: Wednesday, April 11, 2012
Location: Building 101/Green Auditorium
- U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents - 5:00 pm ET April 3, 2012.
- Non-U.S. Citizens (without a green card) - 5:00 pm ET March 27, 2012.
This event is free, but advance registration is required. Please register early as space is limited. There will be no onsite registration.
Ramona Saar, firstname.lastname@example.org, 301-975-5521