Take a sneak peek at the new NIST.gov and let us know what you think!
(Please note: some content may not be complete on the beta site.).
Taken from House Conference Report 108-401…
SEC. 638. (a) There is hereby rescinded an amount equal to 0.465 percent of the budget authority provided for fiscal year 2004 for any discretionary account in this Act
(b) Any rescission made by subsection (a) shall be applied proportionately--
DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE AND RELATED AGENCIES
DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
SEC. 168 (a) RESCISSIONS--From unobligated balances of amounts made available in Public Law 107-38, and in Public Law 107-117, and in appropriations Acts for the Department of Defense, $1,800,000,000 is hereby rescinded: Provided, That the Director of the Office of Management and Budget, after consultation with the Committees on Appropriations of the House and Senate and the Secretary of Defense, shall determine the amounts to be rescinded from each account that is to be so reduced: Provided further, That the rescissions shall take effect no later than September 30, 2004: Provided further, That the Director of the Office of Management and Budget shall notify the Committees on Appropriations of the House and Senate 30 days prior to rescinding such amounts: Provided further, That such notification shall include the accounts, programs, projects and activities from which the funds will be rescinded: Provided further, That this section shall not apply to any amounts appropriated or otherwise made available by the seventh proviso under the heading ``Emergency Response Fund'' in Public Law 107-38.
(b) ACROSS-THE-BOARD RESCISSIONS--There is hereby rescinded an amount equal to 0.59 percent of--
(1) the budget authority provided (or obligation limitation imposed) for fiscal year 2004 for any discretionary account in divisions A through H of this Act and in any other fiscal year 2004 appropriation Act (except any fiscal year 2004 supplemental appropriation Act, the Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2004, or the Military Construction Appropriations Act, 2004);
(2) the budget authority provided in any advance appropriation for fiscal year 2004 for any discretionary account in any prior fiscal year appropriation Act; and
(3) the contract authority provided in fiscal year 2004 for any program subject to limitation contained in any division or appropriation Act subject to paragraph (1).
(c) PROPORTIONATE APPLICATION--Any rescission made by subsection (b) shall be applied proportionately--
(1) to each discretionary account and each item of budget authority described in such subsection; and
(2) within each such account and item, to each program, project, and activity (with programs, projects, and activities as delineated in the appropriation Act or accompanying reports for the relevant fiscal year covering such account or item, or for accounts and items not included in appropriation Acts, as delineated in the most recently submitted President's budget).
(d) OMB REPORT--Within 30 days after the date of the enactment of this section the Director of the Office of Management and Budget shall submit to the Committees on Appropriations of the House of Representatives and the Senate a report specifying the account and amount of each rescission made pursuant to subsection (b).
This division may be cited as the ``Miscellaneous Appropriations and Offsets Act, 2004''.