CORAL Name: Sputter 1
Equipped with two DC and two RF electrodes
Specifications / Capabilities:
- Targets presently available: Al, Cr, Au, Pt, Ti, Cu, Zr, Gd, Co, Pt, W/Ti 90/10, Ag, Ni, Fe, Nb, Si, Ge, TiO2, Si3N4, ITO, and SiO2
- Single wafer tool
- Turbopumped with base vacuum of 2E-7
- Thickness uniformity of 3% over a 4" wafer
Scientific Opportunities / Applications:
- Metals: electrical contacts, dry etch masks, magnetic materials
- Oxides, nitrides: electrical isolation, etching masks
Access to this tool requires that you have attended NanoFab safety orientation, passed the safety test, and have been properly trained on the tool. If you have any questions, please contact the NanoFab User Coordinator, or the tool contact person.
Access to this machine follows standard NanoFab operating hours (7am - 7pm Monday - Friday). Out of hours access requires prior approval by the NanoFab Manager.