CORAL Names: Wet Deck Gen User 1, Wet Deck Gen User 2
This bench is used to etch and clean samples
Specifications / Capabilities:
- 96" Open Wet Bench.
- Contains 4 dip tanks, 4 reflux quartz heated baths, glove rinse, DI and N2 spray guns, GFCI 120 VAC receptacle, and two safety eyewash stations.
- Capable of handling small samples up to a full cassette of 6" wafers.
- Tank 1: Dip tank with lid (Buffered Oxide Etch-BOE).
- Tank 2: Reflux heated bath (RCA Standard Clean 1-SC1).
- Tank 3: Dip Tank with lid (2% HF).
- Tank 4: Dump Rinse with lid.
- Tank 5: Reflux heated bath (RCA Standard Clean 2-SC2).
- Tank 6 and 8: small volume dip tanks for 4" wafer cassettes and samples.
- Tank 7 and 9: small volume quartz heated baths for 4" wafers cassettes and samples.
Scientific Opportunities / Applications:
- This tool is used for the "RCA" cleaning of wafers to remove organic and metallic surface contaminants.
- BOE to etch silicon dioxides
Access to this machine follows standard NanoFab operating hours (7am - 7pm Monday - Friday). Out of hours access requires prior approval by the NanoFab Manager.