Houxun Miao is a CNST/UMD Postdoctoral Researcher in the Nanofabrication Research Group in CNST. He received a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering and a M.S. in Optical Engineering from the Tsinghua University, China. He earned his Ph. D. in Electrical Engineering from Purdue University. His thesis research focused on ultrafast optical pulse measurement and optical fiber communications. Houxun is working with Vladimir Aksyuk on the development of optical MEMS and NEMS devices.
- Ultralow-Power Second-Harmonic Generation Frequency-Resolved Optical Gating Using Aperiodically Poled Lithium Niobate Waveguides [INVITED], H. Miao, S.D. Yang, C. Langrock, R.V. Roussev, M.M. Fejer, and A.M. Weiner, Journal of the Optical Society of America B: Optical Physics, 25, A41-A53 (2008).
- All-Order Polarization-Mode Dispersion (PMD) Compensation via Virtually Imaged Phase Array (VIPA)-Based Pulse Shaper, H. Miao, A.M. Weiner, L. Mirkin and P.J. Miller, IEEE Photonics Technology Letters 20, 545-547 (2008).
- Broadband All-Order Polarization Mode Dispersion Compensation via Wavelength-by-Wavelength Jones Matrix Correction, H. Miao, A. M. Weiner, L. Mirkin and P. J. Miller, Optics Letters, 32, 2360-2362 (2007).
- Polarization-Insensitive Ultralow-Power Second-Harmonic Generation Frequency-Resolved Optical Gating, H. Miao, A. M. Weiner, C. Langrock, R. V. Roussev and M. M. Fejer, Optics Letters, 32, 874-876 (2007).
- Sensing and Compensation of Femtosecond Waveform Distortion Induced by All-Order Polarization Mode Dispersion at Selected Polarization States, H. Miao, A. M. Weiner, C. Langrock, R. V. Roussev and M. M. Fejer, Optics Letters, 32, 424-426 (2007).
CNST/UMD Postdoctoral Researcher
Nanofabrication Research Group
B. S. Mechanical Engineering - Tsinghua University, China
M. S. Optical Engineering - Tsinghua University, China
Ph.D. Electrical Engineering - Purdue University