Vincent Luciani is the CNST NanoFab Manager. He joined CNST in November of 2008 with over 30 years of private industry experience in semiconductor and nanotechnology process development and project management. Vincent began his career at Solarex Corp. producing photovoltaic solar cells. He then joined the Bendix Advanced Technology Center, developing electronic and nanotechnology devices and processes in a variety of semiconductor material systems, including silicon, gallium arsenide, indium phosphide and lithium niobate. When Bendix became part of Allied-Signal, Vincent went on to lead their advanced process development team, and was awarded an Allied-Signal Premier Achievement Award for excellence in Engineering. Prior to joining NIST, he led the process and product engineering teams at Covega Corporation, developing and ramping up the production of novel indium phosphide photonic devices. Vincent is an expert in Project Management, with a Six Sigma Blackbelt, and holds five patents in semiconductor and nanofabrication technology.
- A semiconductor optical amplifier with high saturation power, low noise figure and low polarization dependent gain over the C-band Saini, S.S.; Bowser, J.; Enck, R.; Luciani, V.; Heim, P.J.S.; Dagenais, M. Lasers and Electro-Optics Society, 2004. LEOS 2004. The 17th Annual Meeting of the IEEE, 1, 7-11, 102- 103 (2004).
- 150 mW high-power angled-stripe superluminescent diode at 1550 nm Saini, S.S.; Merritt, S.; Konoplev, O.; Hu, Y.; Luciani, V.; Leavitt, R.; Heim, P.J.S.; Bowler, D.; Dagenais, M. Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics, (CLEO), 1, 16-21 (2004)
- Semiconductor optical amplifier for CWDM operating over 1540-1620 nm Park, S.; Leavitt, R.; Enck, R.; Luciani, V.; Hu, Y.; Heim, P.J.S.; Bowler, D.; Dagenais, M. Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics (CLEO), 1 16-21 (2004)
- High power C-band semiconductor booster optical amplifier Dagenais, M.; Heim, P.; Saini, S.; Wilson, S.; Leavitt, R.; Yu, A.; Horton, T.; Luciani, V.; Stone, D.; Hu, Y. Optical Fiber Communications Conference, 2003. OFC 2003, 1, 85-87 (2003)
- High performance and highly functional semiconductor optical amplifiers based on hybrid and monolithic integration Dagenais, M.; Heim, P.S.; Wilson, S.W.; Saini, S.S.; Bowler, D.; Horton, T.; Yimin Hu; Yu, A.; Leavitt, R.; Stone, D.R.; Luciani, V.; Rogers, F. Electronic Components and Technology Conference, 2003. Proceedings. 53rd, 1291-1294 (2003)
- High voltage DMOS power FETs on thin SOI substrates O'Connor, J.M.; Luciani, V.K.; Caviglia, A.L. SOS/SOI Technology Conference, 1990, IEEE, 167-168 (1990)
Nanofabrication Operations Group