Take a sneak peek at the new NIST.gov and let us know what you think!
(Please note: some content may not be complete on the beta site.).
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at the NIST CCC. As of March 9, 2016 we have several openings available:
NIST Child Care Center is accepting resumes for full time qualified Lead Teachers for our infant, preschool and school age programs. We are also looking for persons interested in substituting and working as a floater throughout the center. NIST CCC operates from 6:45am-6:00pm, Monday-Friday, year round, for children six weeks through fifth grade.
Lead teachers must possess the ability to develop age appropriate daily lesson plans, plan activities based on the assessed skills, interests and needs of all the children in the class, complete formal and informal assessments on each child, provide a safe, secure and nurturing environment as well as adequate supervision for all the children in the group at all times, and communicate regularly with parent(s) about the development of their children in order to build strong positive relationships.
All candidates must:
- Be 18 years or older
- Meet MSDE OCC education and training specifications for the specific age group
- Degree in early childhood preferred but must have education to be credentialed at a Level 4, or higher, on the MSDE Credentialing Levels.
- Attend in-service training programs and complete continuing education requirements, as required yearly
- Perform other appropriate duties as requested by the Center Administration.
- Possess a positive attitude and the ability to be a good team player
- Be available to work as early as 6:45 am or until 6:00pm if necessary
- Submit to federal and state criminal background checks
- Be physically able to lift 40 pounds.
To be considered for an interview, download our application and e-mail email@example.com, mail to address on application or fax to 301-926-4263. Responses will be limited to those who meet the qualifications listed above. Salary based on education and experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Non-profit organization