- What are the top five leading-edge strategic and competitiveness challenges you are facing in your organization (or seeing in the organizations you work with)?
- What are your specific, actionable suggestions for improving the Baldrige Criteria for Performance Excellence?
For 26 years,organizational leaders have depended on the Baldrige Criteria
to help them reach their goals, improve results, and become more competitive. To make sure that the Criteria always represent the leading edge of validated management practice, we continually gather input to inform the evolution of the Criteria (see "Bleeding Edge or Leading Edge?
"). We are now beginning to synthesize the findings and identify with to incorporate into the 2015–2016 Criteria. To further build this body of knowledge, we invite you to submit your answers to the questions above to firstname.lastname@example.org
by June 30, 2014. We are also holding a number of events within the Baldrige community:
- February–March 2014: We will ask directors of Alliance for Performance Excellence member programs (state, local, regional, and sector Baldrige-based programs) and consultants who use the Baldrige Criteria in their work with organizations to contribute their ideas and discuss them.
- April 2014: A session on the Criteria at the 26th Annual Quest for Excellence® Conference will be open to interested attendees.
- April–May 2014: We'll get input from Baldrige senior and alumni examiners during their annual training. And as we do every year, we'll provide copies of the Criteria in each classroom for examiners to mark up with suggestions and comments.
What will happen to all of this input?
- As the themes for revision emerge, we will share them in one or more Insights columns, invite your responses and reactions, and reconcile conflicting recommendations.
- We'll draft the 2015–2016 Criteria, inviting experts in the Baldrige community who have been influential in the thought process leading to a theme to contribute to or review the revision.
- The draft Criteria will be sent to the Baldrige Board of Overseers and Judges' Panel (the two advisory bodies to the Baldrige Program), as well as to people whose comments have resulted in significant revisions to the Criteria, for comments and reactions.
- Using this input, we will produce the final version of the 2015–2016 Criteria for Performance Excellence (Business/Nonprofit Criteria).
- We'll align the Education and Health Care Criteria to the Business/Nonprofit Criteria and send them to a group of experts in each sector for review.
Thank you in advance for your willingness to help us revise the Criteria. We look forward to receiving your suggestions and comments at email@example.com or at one of the events listed above.