On the Board
Examiner development is an ongoing process that occurs through engaging with the evaluation process and the Criteria in different ways; in the classroom, on a team, and other Baldrige-related assignments.
All members of the Board of Examiners complete a prework assignment
prior to attending the 2 ½ -day classroom experience
. After completing training all examiners are assigned to an Award evaluation team where development and learning continues as examiners as examiners complete on-line learning modules and apply their learning to an actual Award application
. A significant learning opportunity occurs during the consensus calls
, when all examiners on the team share the rationale behind their evaluations and arrive at a consensus scorebook. While serving on the BOE, Examiners may be asked to perform a variety of tasks for the program that also serve as development opportunities.
- 2014 Prework Instructions for New Examiners (MS-Word)
- 2014 Prework Instructions for Returning Examiners (MS-Word)
- 2014 Welcome to BOSS Sample Message (PDF)
- 2014 Step-by-Step for Independent Review (PDF)
- 2014 Key Factors Sample for Training (MS-Word)
- 2014 Process Sample Item 5.1 IR Worksheet (PDF)
- 2014 Results Sample Item 7.3 IR Worksheet (PDF)
- 2014 Code of Ethical Conduct (PDF)
- 2014 Comment Writing Samples (MS-Word)
2013-2014 Criteria for Performance Excellence (PDF) Note: Available for 2014 examiners to download via the Examiner Application (log in and go to "Download Criteria" link on the home page)
2014 Comment Guidelines (PDF)
2014 BOSS Help Topics (PDF)
On-the-Team Online modules
The following modules are the same as the modules on the Examiner Development: On-Boarding page:
Site Visit Review
You need to have Acrobat Reader installed on your computer to view the PDF file. If you do not have Acrobat Reader installed on your computer, download the program at http://get.adobe.com/reader. People with visual disabilities can download tools and information at http://www.adobe.com/accessibility to help make Adobe PDF files accessible.