Take a sneak peek at the new NIST.gov and let us know what you think!
(Please note: some content may not be complete on the beta site.).
Graduating Baldrige Fellows Vow to Continue Peer Engagement
April 16, 2014
Baldrige Performance Excellence Program
The Baldrige Program is proud to announce the completion of the year-long Baldrige Executive Fellows Program by ten senior leaders exploring all aspects of leadership through the lens of the Criteria for Performance Excellence.
During five training sessions at Baldrige Award recipient organizations and the Quest for Excellence® Conference, the Fellows explored how world-class organizations and their senior leaders achieve performance excellence and stimulate innovation. The Fellows compared learning on leadership from factory, behind-the-scenes, and hospital tours and shared leadership issues and challenges to help them emerge with a broader perspective on strategic planning; sustainability; integration of processes, plans, resources, and goals; and measurement of the right things.
At the end of the program, the Fellows presented their capstone projects that addressed a strategic challenge or opportunity facing their own organizations. Capstones are kept confidential due to their proprietary nature, but examples have focused on the improvement of supply chains, customer strategy, the roll-out of a new product or technology, and operational excellence.
Throughout the program, the Fellows developed a peer network of executives to tap into now and into the future as a way to continue to build the knowledge and capabilities necessary for organizational sustainability.
Following is the 2013 cohort of Baldrige Executive Fellows:
· Jean Alexander, Chief Operating Officer, AARP Services, Inc.
· De Lyle Bloomquist, President and Chief Executive Officer, Tata Chemicals North America
· David Brucks, Executive Director, Functional Excellence, Seagate Technology LLC
· Richard (Chip) Davis, President, Sibley Memorial Hospital
· Alison L. Ferren, Chief Information Officer, Abington Memorial Hospital
· Jay Fox, President, Baylor Medical Center at Waxahachie
· Randon Jerris, Senior Managing Director, Public Services, USGA (United States Golf Association)
· Meghan O. Patton, Vice President Human Resources/Chief Human Resource Officer, Abington Memorial Hospital
· Rhonda Rubinstein, Vice President, Total Customer Experience and Quality, Enterprise Group, Hewlett Packard
· Morgan Whitacre, Senior Vice President, Head of Originations, PHH Mortgage Division, PHH Corporation
These Fellows join the ranks of other executives* who took part in the Baldrige Executive Fellows Program:
· Deborah Bowen, Executive Vice President/Chief Operating Officer, American College of Healthcare Executives
· Timothy Cavanagh, Chief Innovation Officer and Director of Process Innovation, Lawrence and Memorial Hospital
· Wayne Foraker, Senior Director Institutional Assessment, University of Phoenix
· William Griffin, Vice President Marketing, North America, AGCO Corporation
· Donald Haag, Vice President, Mid-West Area, Packaging Corporation of America
· Rob Hagans, Chief Financial Officer, AARP
· John Harris, Jr., Brigadier General, Army Ohio National Guard
· Ziad Haydar, Vice President for Clinical Excellence and Physician Integration, Ascension Health
· Nathan Howard, President and Chief Executive Officer, Gift of Life Donor Program
· Jo Ann Jenkins, President, AARP Foundation
· Kathleen Kearney, Vice President, Business Project and Process Leadership, John Deere Financial
· John McCarville, Senior Vice President, Global Supply Chain and IT, Griffith Labs Worldwide
· Margaret McGoldrick, Executive Vice President and Administrator, Abington Memorial Hospital
· James Metcalf, President and Chief Operating Officer, USG
· Brad Mitchell, President, Global Logistics and Distribution, UPS
· Douglas Patten, Senior Vice President, Medical Affairs and Chief Medical Officer, Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital
· Peter Pronovost, Senior Vice President, Patient Safety and Quality, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
· Monty Pooley, President North America Retail, Sara Lee Corp.
· John Smith, Global Product Director, Dow Chemical
· John Varley, Vice President, Quality and Mission Success for Missiles and Fire Control, Lockheed Martin
· Michael Woronka, Chief Executive Officer, ActionEMS
In April 2014, a fourth cohort of 14 executives embarked on their year-long fellowship.
The Baldrige Executive Fellows Program was recently highlighted as part of a first place award for the Baldrige Program in the government and military category of the Leadership 500 Excellence Awards, an annual recognition of the world’s best leadership development programs and initiatives.
For more information on the Baldrige Fellows and how to apply, go to http://www.nist.gov/baldrige/fellows/index.cfm.
*Organizations and titles listed were current at the time of the fellowship.